During the test session, I had 8 people tested my
Makey-Makey prototype of The Hurt Locker. And through their feedback on the
questionnaire, I found out that none of them have ever played any bomb defusing
game which allows them to physically cut the wires. This indicates that this
should be very fresh and fascinating to them. Also their response has proved my
worry about the size of the computer interface was totally unnecessary, the
vast majority of the tester think it is appropriate. Moreover, all the tester
agreed that the feedback provided by the computer interface was clear.
However, some tester did point out that making the wire
layout totally random, which make it a game of luck do reduce the fun of the
game to some extent, they hope there is some way they can speculate which wire
is which. An existing solution of this problem is that the locations of
different wires are set by your opponent, and you can ask your opponent one true
or false question before you cut each wire to help you locate the bomb or
disarm wires. But I will still be working on an alternative solution, which
involves the computer give the user feedback to help locating different wires,
something very similar to the mechanism in the game Minesweeper. I will finally
decide which solution to implement and demonstrate it in my final prototype.
Besides, some tester think the game is so quiet for this
kind of topic. I will definitely add some sound effect to reinforce the
feedback user get when they cut a wire, hope this will help keeping them
excited. I was also suggested that there should be some clear signal to show up
when the user loses or wins the game, for instance some animations. I will also
be working on that to make a prototype that is fully functional and usable.

No comments:
Post a Comment