Monday, 15 September 2014

Week 7 - Video prototype questionnaire review

After review my questions in the questionnaire of the video prototype, I found the following questions to be quantitative:

1.Do you think the game is fun?    Yes    No
2.Do you like the wire-cutting thing?   Yes    No
3.Do you think the game is very simple?   Yes    No
4.Do you think the game system is a bit complicated?   Yes    No

And the following questions to be qualitative:

5.Do you have any questions about the game? (Please specify)
6.Do you have any suggestion for refining the game? (Please specify)


Now I have realized that the question “do you think the game is fun?” is too general and broad which make it hard to get specific and valuable feedback. Thus, in order to test if the game entertains the audiences, I decided to rephrase the question to “do you think there are enough challenge for you in the game?” and “do you think the wire cutting process is a fresh concept?”.

I also realized that some of my questions are a bit leading, for instance “Do you think the game is very simple”. Those questions have a closed end and sounds pretty absolute make it hard for the users to choose and for us to get good feedback. To rephrase the question above, I would say “How do you find the gaming process, especially the wire cutting process?”.

I also found that I seemed to have too much quantitative questions in the questionnaire that may not help me too much on refining the concept and developing of the Hurt Locker, I will try to establish some more qualitative questions for the next prototype questionnaire. Even for the quantitative questions, I will try to develop more options for them which would allow users to give a more accurate answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment