Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Interactive Prototype 1 - feedback of testing




Trough testing my interactive prototype 1 in the contact session, I received a great amount of interesting and valuable feedbacks, they would contribute a lot in my refining the idea and the game.

Someone suggested that he could not confirm if he clicked on a wire until he moved the mouse off the wire, and it will make it better if the cursor can change to a scissors shape when they hover it on a wire. Thus I decided not to show the cut instance of the wire when they hover the cursor on a wire, the cursor will turn to be a pair of scissors instead.

Another feedback I got is that it is not very clear what kind of questions they can ask before cutting the wire. To solve this problem, I will add a list to the game interface which contains the question you can ask.

I also received a couple of comments saying the game is too easy, and I should make the wire panel 4x4 or add some more bomb and disarm wire. I think it can because of I did not add the time competing feature to this prototype, which made them ignoring the way to win this game, which is disarm the bomb faster, not simply disarm it. Disarm the bomb very fast require good logic in asking questions and choosing which wire to cut, so I think it is not too easy. But I will do another test after I add the time competing feature, if people still think it is too easy, I will try to fix that.


Another thing I noticed was that only very few people made use of the sheet I provided to mark the location, and I was advised that it is pretty easy to remember so it is not necessary to mark on it. Thus I will not provide this sheet any more unless I decide to make the game harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment