Thursday, 21 August 2014

Week 4 exercises

Exercise 1

In my driving experience, I noticed that when I drive in the morning, I usually sit very straight because I’m pretty energetic. And after a whole day of working, I’m tired so I can’t seat so straight, therefore I always need to adjust my back mirror in order to monitor the traffic at my back. Sometimes I only find out the angle of the back mirror is not right when I'm already driving very fast on a motor way, and it is pretty distracting to adjust and find the right angle for my it. So I want to design a small mechanism that can adjust the back mirror to a preset angle by pressing a single button. So I can drive to uni in the morning as usual, and when I need to drive home in the evening, I just need to press the button and a small motor will drive the lever behind the back mirror and adjust it to the preset angle which is called tired mode.

The prototype will be a mixed reality prototype based on a goggle simulator, which will simulate how the back mirror gonna react to the pressing of the button, and the view in the mirror you can see before and after the adjustment. The button it self will be a real button that can be pressed, when the user press the button they’ll see how the back mirror gonna change angle, and how the view in the mirror changes.



Exercise 2

Horizontal prototype:



Vertical prototype:

The vertical prototype of the alarm clock will be a simple app on an iOS device which emphasis on the demonstration and testing of the daisy chain alarm and shake to snooze, details of other feature of the alarm will not be demonstrated. Users will be able to interact with the app and have an in depth understand of those functions. The basic interface of the app will be similar to what was showed in the horizontal prototype.

Diagonal prototype:

The diagonal prototype will be an app on an iOS device as well, it's basically the combination of the horizontal and vertical prototype. There are two set up scenarios for the prototype which are "a uni student set up a daisy-chain alarm before he go to bed, which would ring every 10 min after the set up time if the alarm fails to wake him up", and "if he want to have a bit of snooze so he shake the phone and the alarm will ring in 20 minutes". The prototype will demonstrate all the interface of the alarm, but only the function involved in those scenarios will be showed in detail and allow complete user interaction.








No comments:

Post a Comment